Thursday, June 17, 2010

Miyazaki Tribute

This is a tribute to my favorite artist, Hayao Miyazaki and some of the creatures from his films.  I was able to give this to the Ghibli Museum when I visited Japan in the beginning of May.

From left to right: kodama from Princess Mononoke, soot sprites from My Neighbor Totoro, Jiji the black cat from Kiki's Delivery Service, Boh the mouse and the raven from Spirited Away, O-Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro, Teto from Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, Chibi-Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro, and Chu-Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro.

2 comments:

  1. Did this have a notch or wire in the back for hanging, or would it have to be laid flat like a tile or upright in an easel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wide enough at the bottom to balance, but it also has 2 holes at the top for hanging.

    ReplyDelete